My local Stop & Shop had a buy one get one deal on pints of blueberries, so I got inspired to make a family favorite for Sunday night dinner dessert. This may be one of the easiest recipe’s but these buckles are simply delightful.
Individual Blueberry Buckles, from the fine folks at Cooks Illustrated.
- ¾ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of pecans
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups of blueberries
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 °
- In a food processor mix the sugar, pecans and salt together until pecans are finely chopped
- Add the eggs, butter and vanilla to the processor and mix for 5 seconds
- Add the flour and baking powder to the food processor and pulse five times until well mixed
- Pour batter evenly into 5 ramekins and top with blue berries (the berries will sink while they bake
- Bake on a rimmed cookie sheet for 25-30 minute or until the edges begin to pull away from the ramekins
- Cool on a wire rake and eat. Top with vanilla ice cream, homemade whipped cream or eat them as is.